T65 Radio Controlled Racing SloopTippecanoe Boats
At over 65 inches long and 9 feet tall, the T65 Radio Controlled Racing Sloop is the largest Tippecanoe sailboat. This boat will sail faster than any other model mono-hull sailboat on the lake. Crafted with a classic planked old growth cedar hull and rigged with the latest in light, high-performance rigging, the T65 combines beauty and elegance with speed and sailing precision.
The T65 is a fast, fun, and classic sailboat that will last for generations of sailing and skippers. The hull is beautiful planked mahogany coated with epoxy and can be easily balanced on one hand as it weighs less that 3 pounds. The sailing weight is only 12 pounds making it easy to carry and launch the T65. The keel and rig are both removable to allow for easy storage and transport.
The T65 Racing Sloop's assembly process is much like that of the T50 Racing Sloop; its hull is planked, while the deck is a gorgeous single piece of pre-cut mahogany veneer. While planking a hull may at first sound like a challenge, it is actually quite easy. Detailed instructions, as well as an included strongback for shaping the hull, make the process fun and enjoyable.
The T65 Racing Sloop is available as both a kit or a finished boat, both come with all of the Radio Control equipment included (except for batteries). The finished boat comes fully completed and ready to sail. Kits come with everything you will need to build the boat, including the marine epoxy and all of the RC gear for sailing the boat. In fact, all you need is paint or varnish and AA batteries. The kit includes:
- Beautiful old-growth tight-grain western red cedar planking strips and all other supplies needed to complete the planked hull: strongback, tape, and dressmaker’s pins
- Pre-cut Okume mahogany three-ply deck and mahogany transom
- High-quality brass and stainless-steel hardware
- High-tech stainless-steel wire and Spectra rigging lines
- Carbon fiber mast and booms
- ¾ oz. Nylon Spinnaker cloth pre-sewn sails
- Marine-grade epoxy, along with epoxy brushes and syringes
- Full Radio Control gear, including the transmitter, receiver, battery box, and rudder and sail servos (including the strong 785 drum winch servo)
- Keel ballast casting
- Excellent, detailed building instructions to guide you through the entire building process
- …and more!
Please call 1-800-206-0006 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for the availability of finished boats.